February 10, 2009

A Visage of Talent


Wenarto singing "O Pag-ibig"

Down to earth, friendly, funny, vibrant, dynamic, intelligent, well-rounder and multi-talented - that's how I describe Wenarto whom I knew from his YOU TUBE profile, benben 203.

I was listening to some Filipino folksongs when I caught at a sideglance a song title "O Pag-ibig", a Filipino Folk Song. When I looked up to check his profile, the description says: "I am Indonesian singing a beautiful Philippino Song - how is my Tagalog?"

That was enough for me to divert my attention and listened to him intently. As what Joan, the lady, who gave the introduction said; Wenarto had listened to a tape and created his own arrangement by transcribing the music to a piano which he obviously sang in front of his friends. I really love his vibrant interpretation of this Filipino music. You will agree with me about his jolly personality, and boy! how he gave justice to his own masterpiece. The piano rendition Wenarto recreated, as played by Joan and accompanied by Tony with his violin, will speak for itself.

I watched in great detail and noticed the Philippine Airlines logo in the backdrop that it quickly occurred to me, maybe Wenarto could possibly be a pilot by profession without knowing anything about his background. As I browsed more of his work and his showcase of talents, I was genuinely intrigued to learn more about him and my guess was right. I was so IMPRESSED!

It was recently when I watched him sang The Carpenters' Song, "CLOSE TO YOU" where I was totally submerged in his funny antic and suddenly I developed "colic" out of laughing loud with much gusto as I genuinely enjoyed his show shared with his two lady best friends. I posted comment to this song and he replied back through my private message bank to thank me.

Then, as if a new opportunity arose, I asked his permission if he would allow me to write a blog about him. I could see his ingenuities and his sincerity as a person through his You Tube postings about everything. He complied without fuss and he even sent me some links to follow through.

Well, Wenarto, with you being YOU, you certainly are on "TOP OF THE WORLD!"

Thank you for giving me this wonderful opportunity to blog your exciting life. You are an INSPIRATION to us. Already, one of my You Tube friends has taken YOU as his IDOL.

All the best to you.

Let us hear you singing one more time "O Pag-ibig". Honestly, this is the first time I heard the song. And you sang it truly well. Kudos.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I AM SO HONORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, I AM SUPER DUPER HONORED BY YOUR ELOQUENT WRITING AND SINCERE COMMENT, THANKS SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete